Mindy Schlimgen, MS, ICF-ACC
My Journey as a Coach with a Passion for Nature-Based Healing
My divorce was truly the most hurtful experience in my life. The changes afterward were overwhelming at the time! I became a single parent of a special needs child, the sole owner of a home needing lots of repairs and upkeep, and responsible for paying all living expenses that had previously been shared.
At that point, I actively chose to set a path of resilience for my life. I adopted simple resilience practices, repeated frequently, and often held in nature.
I trained my brain and perspective to be optimistic, engaged and even loving again. My emotional balance followed along. Resilience practices in nature helped me work through the breach of trust from the one person I once held nearest and dearest to my heart, and the grief over the many losses.
During this period of my life, I discovered that my personal connection with nature was so important for my mind, my body and my soul healing.
Being with nature, outside in a mindful way, truly helped me better process the life changes I faced, faster and more completely.
The health and mental benefits from interacting with nature are well researched. And surprisingly, you can even reap these benefits in your backyard or the neighborhood park.
With divorce being so prevalent and so impactful in people’s lives, I have chosen to focus my work on helping women…
• bounce back from this adversity,
• build their resilience and
• create a renewed vitality – supported by the healing benefits of nature.
I invite you to join me in my virtual workshop.
Mindy is a Resilience & Nature-Based Coach
- Certified Nature-Connected Coaching from the Earth-Based Institute @ Boulder
- Credentialed by the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Core Skill Practitioner for Conversational Intelligence®
- Founder of Awareness With Nature, LLC
- Offers Forest Bathing (Shinrin-yoku) workshops that immerse participants in sensory awareness, mindfulness, and teambuilding in nature.